How the Sleep System Works
The Stokke Sleepi System accommodates your child from birth to childhood because it’s four+ beds in one, plus offers options for use even after your child outgrows the junior bed. Here’s a rundown of how the system works.
- Birth to 6 months: The system starts with a small bassinet size mini crib.
- Birth to baby: The small bassinet expands into a basic baby crib.
- Baby to 18 months: Once your child is standing up, you can lower the mattress platform of the crib.
- 3 to 4 years: Remove one side of the crib to transform the Sleepi into a toddler bed.
- Approximately 3 to 10 years: An optional expansion kit transforms the toddler bed into a junior bed.
- Older than 10: After your child has outgrown the system for sleeping, you can turn the bed into a couple of stylish chairs or use the bed as a practical mini-sofa.
Sleep System for Babies
The best thing about the Sleepi mini is how it’s so tiny it’ll fit right next to your bed in most master bedrooms. Due to smooth action lock wheels, the Sleepi follows you around the house as needed too and the movement can help rock your baby to sleep. Sleepi’s unique oval design is pretty to look at for sure, but it also helps to increase airflow through the crib, creating a safe and cozy cocoon for baby.
Sleep System for Babies and Toddlers
Once your little one outgrows the mini Sleepi (at about 6 months) it transforms into a nice basic oval crib. As your baby grows and starts to stand up, you can easily adjust the height positions of the crib so your baby won’t tumble out or climb over the side. Once your baby reaches the curious climbing stage, simply remove one side of the crib, lower the mattress to the lowest height and your tot can climb in and out of his new toddler bed all on his own.