Get to Know Sarah’s Silks
Sarah’s Silks strives to maintain green and ethical practices. Learn some facts about Sarah’s Silks below.
- Silk is a 100% natural fiber and a renewable resource.
- Sarah’s Silks dyes are non-toxic, non-hazardous, environmentally friendly, with no heavy metals.
- Silks are safe enough for babies, yet versatile enough for older kids to enjoy as well.
- All silks may be easily hand-washed.
- Sarah’s Silks are simple and not overwhelming for kids and these open-ended toy silks help support kids inner creativity.
- Sarah’s Silks is a “Green America Approved Business.”
- Sarah’s Silks gives back by donating to Waldorf schools around the world.
NOTE: Though Sarah’s Silks are made in China, Sarah tells Hip Mountain Mama that, “It is important not to dismiss all “made in China ” products but rather to look carefully and see how things are made, and to see the conditions of the workers,” something Sarah’s Silks pays close attention to. Sarah’s Silks hires Chinese seamstresses to make their silks, offering incentives beyond prevailing wages as well as access to supplemental health insurance.