filed under: cooking, food, green family, green holiday ideas for kids, healthy recipe, recipe, vegan cooking, vegetarian
1. Gather the ingredients.
- 12 oz long noodles (we used organic whole wheat spaghetti, but you can also use linguini, rice noodles, etc)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 4-6 Tbsp water
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Veggies, such as shredded carrots, julienned cucumbers, steamed broccoli, etc
2. Cook the noodles.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse well with cold water. Put the noodles into a large bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp sesame oil to prevent noodles from sticking together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
3. Sauté the garlic and ginger.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 3-4 minutes, being careful not to burn them. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside for a few minutes.