filed under: craft, diy kids crafts, green gifts, green holiday ideas for kids, how-to, kid friendly
1. Gather your materials
- several pieces of felt (preferably recycled eco-felt)
- thread (I like the thickness of embroidery thread)
- buttons, ribbons, sequins, beads, and any other desired adornments
- stocking outline (optional)
2. Choose your colors and adornments.
Pick two pieces of felt for your stocking color(s). They can be the same color or contrasting (just make sure you cut them to be the same size!). Using a stocking shape outline or freehand, cut out a stocking. Make it large enough and wide enough to hold the desired amount of goodies inside. Repeat with the second piece of felt. Also, choose any buttons, sequins, or other adornments for the stocking decoration.
3. Create any additional designs.
This is a great place to get little ones (even those who are too young to sew) involved in the stocking design. Let them decide if they want their name or initials or if they want shapes such as hearts, stars, or religious symbols. Then cut them out of the felt.
Pages: 1 2