filed under: cooking, healthy recipe, how-to, recipe, snack, vegan cooking, vegetarian
1. Gather the ingredients
As always, we recommend buying organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 cups frozen organic raspberries or strawberries (or a combo of both)
- 4-5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4-5 Tbsp non-dairy milk such as coconut, almond, or soy
- Toppings such as berries, granola, even chocolate shavings
2. Soak the nuts.
Put the nuts in a bowl and cover with water (preferably filtered). Let soak for 2-3 hours to soften the cashews and make them easier for blending.
3. Blend the ingredients in a high-speed blender.
Drain the cashews. Place all the ingredients in a blender. I recommend putting the maple syrup and non-dairy milk in before the cashews or strawberries and/or raspberries to make blending easier. For both the milk and maple syrup, start with 4 Tbsp and add another only if needed. Blend until smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides of the blender as necessary.
4. Spoon out, add on any toppings, and serve.
Using a spatula, spoon the pudding out of the blender and into the Mason jars. If serving immediately, add desired toppings. Or cover the puddings with a lid and refrigerate until ready to serve. This recipe makes about enough to fill four 1/2 pint Mason jars.
Pages: 1 2