Lactation cookies are meant to be a fun treat for nursing mamas who have an ample breast milk supply and are looking for ways to encourage or sustain the production of their milk. If you're having issues producing enough breast milk to feed your baby, please contact your doctor, midwife or lactation consultant for information and support. Keep reading to learn how to make your own organic lactation cookies, and find a one page printable recipe here.
Lactation Cookie Ingredients
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1/2 cup organic butter softened
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tbs organic blackstrap molasses
- 4 tbs warm water
- 2 tbs organic flaxseed meal
- 2 tbs wheat germ
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp organic vanilla
- 1/2 cup organic oat flour
- 1/2 cup organic whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups organic thick oats
- 4 tbs brewers yeast
- 1/2 cup organic chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 1/3 cup organic raw walnuts
Step 1: Mix water with flaxseed and wheat germ
In a bowl, mix the 2 tbs of flaxseed meal and 2 tbs of wheat germ with warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Mix sugar, molasses, and butter
Using a mixer, blend the sugar with the molasses and butter.
Pages: 1 2