filed under: cooking, food, healthy recipe, how-to, recipe, snack, vegan cooking, vegetarian
1. Gather the ingredients.
Note: Pre-measure everything before beginning this recipe, as it comes together very quickly once you have started.
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ¼ cup nondairy milk, divided-I like a combination of almond and coconut milk. Be aware that some milks are more watery than others, which may effect the texture of the pudding.
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- ½ cup coconut or regular cane sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bits
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional-chopped almonds or vegan whipped cream for topping
2. Prepare the pudding base.
Stir the cornstarch with 1/4 cup nondairy milk in a small bowl and set aside. In a medium saucepan, place the rest of the nondairy milk, sugar,and spices. Bring to a low boil over medium heat.