1. Gather the ingredients.
- 1 cup coffee or espresso (or as needed)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (also as needed)
For the salted caramel sauce:
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 1/2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/8-1/4 tsp sea salt (depending on how salty you like your salted caramel)
For the chocolate sauce:
- 5 pitted dates (if your dates are super hard, soak them in warm water for 15 minutes, then drain)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Vegan whipped cream, for topping
2. Make the salted caramel sauce.
In a small saucepan, add the coconut milk, coconut sugar, and sea salt. Bring to a low boil, lower the temperature to medium-low and let simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the mixture from burning. The sauce will darken and become thicker and will continue thickening after you remove the pan from the heat. If the sauce ends up saltier than you would like (if you like a more traditional caramel flavor, use less salt), simply add more coconut milk to dilute and continue cooking until sauce coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Make the chocolate sauce.
In a Vitamix or high speed blender, add the pitted dates, cocoa powder, coconut milk, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
Pages: 1 2