Another reason we love this mousse: you can make most of it the day ahead and then add the vegan whipped cream just before serving. The mousse's base is a silken tofu, but see if anyone can guess that from the dessert's creamy texture. Read on for a healthier Thanksgiving dessert that's a sweet (and refined-sugar-free) end to a celebratory family meal! Find one-page, printable directions here.
1. Gather the ingredients.
- 3 cups cranberries
- 6 Tbsp orange juice, divided
- 8 Tbsp maple syrup, divided
- 1 12oz container of silken tofu (such as organic mori nu)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1 ½-2 cups prepared vegan whipped topping (such as Soyatoo! or MimiCreme)
2. Prepare the cranberry “sauce”.
In a saucepan, place the cranberries, 3 Tbsp of orange juice and 3 Tbsp maple syrup. Heat over medium high until the cranberries start to sizzle and break down. Turn down heat if they are sputtering.