- 2 cans organic chickpeas (I chose a BPA-free canned brand)
- 1 cup quick oats (or certified-gluten free quick oats)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 3 tbsp oil (canola, vegetable or coconut)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups organic brown sugar (Swap for cane juice, white sugar or coconut sugar if you like)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Step 1: Prepare Chickpeas
Preheat the oven to 350F. Then, rinse and drain the chick peas.
Step 2: Blend the Ingredients
Blend all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) very well in a food processor. Don’t use a blender for this task, it won’t get the job done. My food processor was just big enough to handle the amount of batter, so I added the ingredients slowly and blended in stages.
Step 3: Mix in Chocolate Chips
After the batter is fully blended (no chickpea chunks to be found), stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula. You could also stir in other ingredients at this time. I added shredded coconut. You could also add chopped walnuts or even dried cherries.