filed under: diy kids crafts, green family, green gifts, green holiday ideas for kids, green kids
Photo – Homemade Memory Game
Homemade Gifts That Kids Can Help Make
Not all homemade gifts are easy for kids to make. Kids have short attention spans and some are wee perfectionists, which means when a homemade gift is too hard and doesn’t turn out, you may be in for some holiday kid-angst. When making homemade gifts with kids, allow them to help choose a project, but steer them in a good direction, helping them to choose projects that can be split into short creation spurts, not projects that have to be completed all at once. Also, pick a project that is practically foolproof and easy for kids to manage. Below are some good ideas.
- 6 simple gifts kids can help make for siblings
- Homemade memory game
- Upcycled flower pot gardening kits
- Build an easy recycled glass terrarium
- Organic succulents in recycled paint dipped cans
- Salt dough holiday ornaments
- Recycled bottle cap magnets
Not Martha? No Problem!
Not so crafty? That’s OK. Not all of us can be Martha. You don’t have to make homemade gifts totally from scratch. Some gifts are “semi-homemade” yet still great to give, and there’s almost zero craftiness required – you’ll mostly need simply a dash of creativity.
- 52 Reasons I Love You Cards: My son made this for his dad on Father’s day and it was a huge hit. A little time consuming, so best for an older kid, not a young tot, but very cool and thoughtful.
- Personalized calendar for kids: Calenders are a great organizing gift for kids, and blank calenders allow you to personalize them to your child’s interests.
- Hand painted clock: Most craft stores carry clock makings. Pick some up, and have your child paint cool designs on a clock for a grandparent.
- Music CD: Easy as pie and a great stocking stuffer for just about everyone.
- Mason jar sippy – for kids and adults.
- Vintage postcard calendar journal
- Create a cool thrift store dress up kit for a child.
- Silhouette Plaque – a lovely way to show off the kids.
- Family movie night gift package.
- Decorated Steampunk journal for a tween or teen.