A proper feeding high chair or booster seat is one of the new items you should buy for your new baby. Babies and toddlers are messy eaters, so the right high chair can keep food messes in check. Additionally, feeding your baby in a safe upright position helps limit choking risks, teaches your little one proper table manners and allows your tot to become an independent eater because his dishes and utensils will be close at hand. That said, if you're raising a green baby, it can be hard to find a suitable high chair. Most are plastic and few wooden chairs are made in a sustainable manner. When you do find a more eco-friendly high chair it tends to be a lot more expensive, so it's not a win-win situation. Luckily, you've got Inhabitots to help you out. We've rounded up 5 greener high chair options in a variety of price ranges, plus we've got some great tips about how to buy a safe used high chair (yup, buying secondhand is more eco-friendly too). Keep reading to see our top picks.
Tripp Trapp Chair
Tripp Trapp by Stokke works for tots who are 6 to 36 months of age, growing with your child for the most comfortable and correct ergonomic seating. Other perks:
- Elevates your child up to the correct height at the table.
- Strong, solid and durable construction that stands up to typical kid wear.
- Has an adjustable seat and footrest to fit the size of your child.
- There’s no fixed tray so this high chair really brings your child to the family table.
- Stokke strives to use environmentally friendly and biodegradable materials.
- Stokke donates to charity.
- Stokke uses modern and efficient logistics channels for transporting goods to cut back on pollution emissions.
- The company pays special attention to raw material development, production, and distribution for all our products. In fact, Stokke has every supplier, business partner, and member they work with co‐sign a code of conduct agreement outlining responsibilities to ensure proper working conditions and compensation.
fresco chrome by bloom is the world’s highest baby chair, comes complete with a 3-position recline system, and easy up/down height adjustment allows baby to join the family at the dining table or the modern breakfast bar. Your little one can use this chair starting at birth and keep on using it well into his school years. Features of fresco chrome include:
- bloom uses eco-friendly materials for their products, such as sustainable wood, recycled plastics and metals, and low-VOC finishes, plus products are free from BPA, lead, phthalates, formaldehyde and mdf.
- 3 recline positions: fully lie-flat newborn cradle, semi recline & upright seat, easily activated using a light touch pull handle.
- 360-degree swivel.
- 5 point safety harness with padded shoulder straps and bloom smart buckle.
- Allows for both up-to-the table and traditional tray high chair positions.
- Easy to wipe clean nook and cranny free seat unit.
- There are large, scratch free wheels concealed in base for easy movement.
- The tray is made from FDA food grade plastic and stainless steel.
- Parts are removable and dishwasher safe.
- 14 vibrant and elegant colors to choose from
For a less expensive bloom chair, take a look at bloom’s urban high chair.
Keekaroo Height Right High Chair
The Height Right Wooden High Chair by Keekaroo is made from renewable rubber wood with a plant based lacquer finish and has many other features beside:
- The chair offers a lifetime of use from the baby years into adulthood.
- JPMA certified.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Ergonomic design plus tip resistant.
- Has kid-comfortable cushions.
- BPA Free plastic restraint.
- The wooden tray has a BPA and phthalate free plastic tray cover.
- Available in mahogany or natural.
- The whole chair is easy to adjust and clean. All you need for adjustments is a plain old allen wrench which is actually included when you buy your high chair.
Pages: 1 2